Google
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Something to Share

I have an article to share. Please read.

A long time ago, there was an Emperor who told his horseman that if he could ride on his horse and cover as much land area as he likes, then the Emperor would give him the area of land he has covered.

Sure enough, the horseman quickly jumped onto his horse and rode as fast as possible to cover as much land area as he could. He kept on riding and riding, whipping the horse to go as fast as possible. When he was hungry or tired, he did not stop because he wanted to cover as much area as possible.

Came to a point when he had covered a substantial area and he was exhausted and was dying. Then he asked himself, "Why did I push myself so hard to cover so much land area? Now I am dying and I only need a very small area to bury myself." The above story is similar with the journey of our Life. We push very hard everyday to make more money, to gain power and recognition. We neglect our health, time with our family and to appreciate the surrounding beauty and the hobbies we love.

One day when we look back, we will realize that we don't really need that much, but then we cannot turn back time for what we have missed.

Life is not about making money, acquiring power or recognition. Life is definitely not about work! Work is only necessary to keep us living so as to enjoy the beauty and pleasures of life. Life is a balance of Work and Play, Family and Personal time. You have to decide how you want to balance your Life. Define your priorities, realize what you are able to compromise but always let some of your decisions be based on your instincts. Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of Life, the whole aim of human existence.

I saw this article few months back and I save this in my email. I thought this is something good that I should keep and to remind myself not to work too hard. I have always regard myself as "stingy" when it comes to money. I would want to save more money not only for my future but also for my children's future.

On and off I will read this article again to also remind myself that at times, we should pamper ourselves for the hardwork. I think every month besides putting some money away for savings, we should also allocate some fund to pamper ourselves, don't you think so?

No comments:

4 of Us